Phi Dong A self starter seeking a challenging position as a web developer.
I have been building websites and shooting photography as a hobby 8 years ago and have never lost interest. I have shot weddings, behind the scenes for model shoots, as well as covering automotive events for automotive magazines. On the web side I have experience building function sites and integrating built out webpages into several different platforms.
In my free time you can find me reading technical books and trying to learn as much as I can (there is so much to learn!) as well as participating in my favorite hobbies (snowboarding, hiking, and photography).
I'm looking for a challenging front-end web developer position where I can continue to learn, grow, and most of all contribute.
Download Resume (PDF)
- Bootstrap, Foundation, jQuery, AngularJS, Rest API
- WordPress, ASPDOTNET Storefront
- Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Adobe Premire, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator
- Git, Mercurial
University of California, Irvine
Envionmental Engineering September 2003 - June 2007
- Earth and Atmospheric Sciences Minor, June 2007
- Dean's Honor List - Sprint 2005, Winter 2006, Fall 2006
Codazen (February 2014 - Present)
- Develop using sprints in an Agile/Scrum environment and JIRA
GoldenCommunications (June 2013 - February 2014)
- Create comps using Adobe Photoshop
- Build functional site mockups from PSD comps
- Integrate mockups into WordPress, ASPDOTNETStorefront and custom .NET CMS
- Contribute to creation of front-end development standards
- Maintain sites, fix bugs
Freelance Contractor (2007 - 2013)
- Convert PSD mockups to html/css and ensure cross-browser compliance.
- Convert older html code to work with specific doctype version
- Update Wordpress blog templates to match new site design
- Import data from different database formats (TSQL, Excel)
- Create and design t-shirt graphics
Foureight (2004 - Present)
- Provide photographic services for weddings, automotive sporting events
- Edit, manipulate, and tweak photos in batch using Adobe Creative Suite
- [2005-2007] Photographer for imports@UCI club
AMEC Geomatrix (January 2008 - June 2009)
- Managed operation & maintenance for several projects (soil vapor extraction, dewatering) including coordination with field technicians and subcontractors, tabulation of operating data and quarterly status reports
- Field oversight for soil vapor extraction trenching, well installation excavation, undeground storage tank removal, well pump testing
- Communicated with subcontractors to get quotes on projects and prepare cost estimates
- Plotted and analyzed inclinometer readings for monitoring slop movement using Slope Indicator DigiPro
- Sampling from varius media (air, soil vapor, water, soil, proposition 65 wipe test)
- Contributed text and figures for draft feasibility study/remediation action plan report
- Experience with LUST fund application